Grapelive Wine of the Day

By Kerry Winslow


2009 Moris Farms Morellino di Scansano, Tuscan Red, Italy.
This small estate in the southwest coastal area of Tuscany makes some of the finest wines in the regions that are pure in essence and easy on the wallet, like this beautiful Morellino di Scansano that shines with terroir and vibrant flavors. Moris Farms makes this gem from 90% Sangiovese and the remaining 10% is from Merlot and Syrah and it is fermented and aged in cement which highlights the fruit and showcases the Sangiovese perfectly. The nose is floral and the color is very dark and lovely leading to a full palate of blackberry, strawberry, chalky minerals, tobacco leaf, licorice and truffle notes. This juicy and fresh wine deserves all the attention is gets and at under $25 is a great way to enjoy Sangiovese when you want something a bit different from the normal Chianti or Rosso di Montalcino. Enjoy with food or with cheeses, this is a really a super wine.
($24 Est.) 92 Points, grapelive

Available at ($21.95)


By admin